Transatlantic Energy Security Forum
Third Transatlantic Energy Security Forum Held in Houston
LNG Allies organized the Third Transatlantic Energy Security Forum (TESF III) at the Petroleum Club of Houston on Mon. March 19. Nearly 100 participants attended this half day conference which focused on the progress that U.S. LNG exporters and natural gas importers and end-users had made since TESF II was held in Houston in April 2016.
Following a buffet breakfast, Fred H. Hutchison, President & CEO of LNG Allies, opened the conference by welcoming the attendees and making a special presentation to U.S. and Polish government officials of giclee prints of a watercolor painting “First Cargo” (Fritz Briggs, 2018) which shows a the first LNG shipment from the United States reaching Central Europe on June 6, 2017.
The conference heard keynote presentations from:
- H.E. Piotr Naimski, Secretary of State and Plenipotentiary for Strategic Energy Infrastructure, Republic of Poland
- H.E. Žygimantas Vaičiūnas, Minister of Energy, Republic of Lithuania.
- Michał Kurtyka, Undersecretary of State, Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland.
Following a short coffee break, the attendees heard company updates and perspectives on transatlantic energy security from:
- Meg Gentle, President & Chief Executive Officer, Tellurian Inc.
- Artur Zawartko, Vice President of the Management Board ( Deputy CEO), Gaz-System S. A.
- Greg M. Vesey, President & Chief Executive Officer, Magnolia LNG.
- Frederick Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Delfin Midstream and Delfin LNG.
- Carlos de la Vega, Director of Commercial Development, Sempra LNG & Midstream.
TESF III was organized by LNG Allies in partnership with the U.S. Trade and Development Agency and the U.S. Commercial Service, and in cooperation with the Global Energy Institute of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the American Petroleum Institute, and Our Energy Moment. The event was on the record and open to the press. Platts and Upstream Online filed stories.
No date or location has been set for the next Transatlantic Energy Security Forum, but LNG Allies plans additional events both large and small.